Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rope for free























Vintage Electrolux Canister Vacuum ten bucks, rope for free. I got up early a few Saturday's ago and went to the local church sale. They had your usual stuff; old clothes, books, kitchen wares, and they also had a gem hidden in a box. An almost pristine Electrolux canister vacuum in a blue similar to my "marina blue" squareback and the people at the sale said it worked. Your at a church so they wouldn't lie right? I finally got a chance to use it yesterday when one said 'family' vacuum went on holiday.  It is so awesome. It sucks better than my 10 year old Kenmore which is the only vacuum I've bought brand new and is quieter than any vacuum I've ever owned, including my Kirby. I love it and as far as I'm concerned as long as 'family' vac is on vacation I think were both happy. This model is much smaller and the hose doesn't look like a pancaked snake, it has REAL wire reinforcement and fiber wrapped hose in perfect shape. To top it off it looks kinda cool in my 50's met Bohemian kind of house.

The next part is the awesome parts that came with it. They were in this old cardboard drawer box, the kind that is decorated with line drawings to help blend it with your surroundings...it screams "I'm a box" at you but its the cheapest way to store the stuff you only need when its cold. It was wrapped in what I originally thought was a cheap piece of string. It turned out to be that durable nylon rope that is really smooth and is a delight to tie down stuff with. It doesn't tear up your hands or gash you when you tie things down on a truck or van. It just needed some TLC on the ends with a haircut and a flash hair dry(hold the ends over a flame real quick just to singe the ends so they don't keep raveling). So I also have a working rope for free. Let's see what I can make next.
















This posts for Jacky, my favorite hairstylist.

2 comments:

  1. What a score. Those are fabulous machines. If it seems to be losing power, try getting a new hose. It will suck like new again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I grew up with. Wished I still had one.

    ReplyDelete